You’ve got an EZ pop-up tent, and you love using it, right?
But wait! Something. HAS. GONE. WRONG!!!!! Something's lost... or even worse, BROKEN.
If you're looking for great EZ Up tent replacement parts, you're definitely in the RIGHT PLACE. Read on...
You might not know exactly where to start looking when you need to replace something in your tent. Never fear! The Canopy Kingpin is here once again to let you in on a few secrets. He’s got all the ins and outs and knows where you can find the perfect parts for EZ Up canopy tents, no matter which model you’ve got.
Your tent has a lot of life in it, and you can make it work for you for a long time coming! All you need to do is understand a little bit about easy up canopy replacement parts, and how they relate to the specific problem you’re having. Each broken tent is its own individual problem, but you can learn a lot about general issues and troubleshooting to help you out along the way.
Check out this article to find out what you’re looking at when it comes to EZ pop up tent parts, as well as where to find them both online and in physical stores, and how to take care of your tent so you won’t have to worry about making these replacements too often.
By the time you’ve finished reading, you’ll be a pro at replacing just about anything that might break on your tent, and you’ll be ready for the next big outdoor gathering without any trouble at all!
Types of Replacement Parts
There are quite a few different types of EZ Up canopy tent parts, and it’s important to understand what you’ll be working with before you ever get started trying to fix something that’s broken. Take a look at your canopy tent and see for yourself. Although each model is a little bit different, there are several standards you’re likely to encounter when dealing with your canopy tent.
PROTIP: If you’re having trouble finding the right parts for your tent, be sure you’re looking at the right model. Chances are if things don’t look right to you, the model you’re shopping for may be wrong. You can find the model information on your tent’s instruction manual or original packaging, or on the tag attached to the canopy.
- Support beams – Support beams are the pieces that run from the frame legs to the center of the tent and support the canopy. These beams are very similar to the leg pieces, but in many models, they fold out and back in again using sliding lock mechanisms. Like the legs, these pieces can become bent or warped from frequent use, and can also break in two in rare instances.
- Sides – Not all canopies come with sides, but some do. Some also come with half-walls that are meant to work as semi-shades from the sun. If your tent has walls or half-walls, be on the lookout for damage that might occur from frequent use. Most sides see damage in the form of mildew, mold, tears, stains, and thinning fabric. If you notice this happening to your sides, it might be time for some new ones.
- Canopy tops – The canopy top of your tent is the most likely part of the product to see damage from extended use. This is also the most important part of your tent, so it pays to take good care of it to keep it from being damaged in the first place. If you notice rips, straining, or mold on your canopy, these are good indicators that you might need to replace it.
- Weights and stakes – Tents are unsafe to use without weighing them down or attaching them firmly to the ground with stakes. Most models come with either weights or stakes, and it’s possible to buy extras if you’re not sure about how well your tent will stay upright. If your weights or stakes become damaged, you need to replace them quickly. Never use your tent without these important items!
- Hardware – Finally, check your hardware frequently to be sure the hinges, bolts, and other mechanical pieces of your tent are in place. If they look damaged, broken, or rusted, it’s time to replace them. These pieces can really affect the stability of your tent, so it pays to keep a close eye on them!
PROTIP: Installing your replacement parts may be very easy or a little bit challenging, depending on what’s broken. Canopies and sides are no problems to replace, but changing out hardware may require tools, time, and some extra help from a friend or family member. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to work on repairs when you receive your replacement parts.
Where to Buy Replacement Parts
Now comes the fun part! You get to go shopping. Don’t feel too overwhelmed, even though it may seem like a pretty daunting task to find the right replacements parts in a sea of different hardware and other pieces. No matter what you’re looking to replace, you can find it either online or in a physical store, and you’ll be able to choose from several options to fit your needs.
PROTIP: If you still have your EZ Up tent diagram that came with your original product, check it out first to help narrow down which piece is missing. You’ll also want to check out the tag on your canopy to find out which model you have.
- Walmart – Since EZ Up canopies are often sold at Walmart and its counterpart, Sam’s Club, this is a great place to start looking when you need simple replacement pieces. Physical Walmart stores as well as Walmart.com carry EZ Up canopy replacement cover solutions as well as other simple replacement pieces such as hardware, bolts, and weights or cords.
- Kmart – Like Walmart, Kmart carries full EZ Up canopies, which means they’re more likely to have replacement pieces than many other physical stores. The website carries a few replacement items, but you might have better luck checking out your local store for specific pieces. Kmart also usually carries extra weights for its canopy tents.
- EZUp4U.com – This website operates out of California, but ships to the entire United States. It carries replacement pieces for several different types of EZ Up models, and may be your best bet if you’re looking to replace something a little more complicated or harder to find. The prices for these pieces are a little higher than you might find elsewhere, and you will need to pay shipping from this site.
- Amazon.com – Of course, Amazon.com offers an extensive selection of EZ Up tent replacement canopy options as well as many other pieces you might need. It’s always worth it to take a look on Amazon and see if they’ve got what you’re looking for. Bear in mind that some items may only be available from sellers on the Amazon Marketplace.
- EZ Up’s official website – For most harder to find items, the EZ Up official website is the way to go. This site has options for just about every type of canopy EZ Up makes, in many different colors and sizes to help you find the perfect fit every time. Prices are pretty reasonable, and if your tent is still under warranty, this may cover some replacement parts.
PROTIP: Keep shipping weight in mind when you’re ordering from online stores. Some may offer free shipping, but most will charge. These replacement pieces can get heavy, so budget extra for the cost of shipping!
How to Care for EZ Pop-up Tents
Of course, in the end, if your EZ pop-up tent is well cared for, you won’t have to worry about buying replacement pieces nearly as often. You’ll be able to use your tent for a long time to come without any problems if you follow a few simple steps to maintain it properly and store it safely. The better you learn to take care of your tent from day one, the longer it’s sure to last.
PROTIP: Different frames may be made from different materials. Some are made of plastic, while others are metal. Depending on the type of frame you have, your cleaning process might be a little bit different. For example, if you have a metal frame, don’t use silicone spray, and don’t store it while wet. This way, you won’t have rust problems!
- Follow the included instruction manual every time you set up and take down your tent. EZUp.com provides replacement directions if you’ve lost yours. Be sure not to skip any steps or cut corners, or you’ll be more likely to break your tent’s components.
- Don’t put your tent up when you know it’s going to be extremely rainy or windy. This is a sure way to cause some damage or to completely destroy your tent, depending on the weather. Of course, it’s impossible to know for sure what the weather will do, but if you’ve heard there’s a good chance of storms, for example, leave the tent at home.
- Don’t use your tent without weights, stakes, or cords. Doing so can easily result in your tent getting knocked over or blown away, and it might cause injury to you or someone else in the process. Always weigh down your tent properly to keep it standing up and functioning well.
- Clean your tent after every few uses. Don’t use anything stronger than dish soap and water for the canopy and any sides your tent might have, and consider using silicone spray on the frame. A little cleaning can go a long way toward keeping your tent’s parts from getting worn down or damaged from extended use.
- If your tent canopy begins to mildew or mold, use distilled white vinegar to clean it. Never use bleach, as it will remove the color from the canopy. Wash normally with soap and water after rinsing with vinegar, and never store your canopy when it’s still wet.
- If you notice your canopy starting to get worn out, or if you find a small tear in the fabric, you can use seam sealer to repair it. You can find this product at major home improvement stores. It’s a good idea to put seam sealer on as soon as you notice a problem, to keep it from getting any larger.
- Do frequent checks of all hardware, bolts, screws, and other pieces. If you notice that any are getting loose or stripped, replace or tighten them right away. If you notice rust, pay more attention to cleaning that part of your tent.
PROTIP: Always store your pop-up tent in a safe, dry space. Keep it far away from humidity and from potential pests, too. Storing it in an airtight plastic container with a locking lid is a great option, especially if your only extra space is in the attic or the garage!
You’ve read through this article and learned all about the different types of EZ Up canopy parts and accessories you might have to deal with when you’re faced with a break. You’ve learned where to find replacement parts, and best of all, you’ve discovered some helpful tips for keeping your tent in great working condition so you won’t have to try to replace these pieces too often.
Now, all that’s left to do is pick up the piece you need and fix your tent! Since EZ Up canopy replacement parts are pretty simple to find and even easier to install, your tent will be back to its fully functioning glory in no time. Never again will you have to worry about the life of your tent when you know you’re more than capable of replacing its pieces on your own!
So the next time you’ve got a big party or other outdoor event coming up, be sure to check out your tent ahead of time and find out if you need any easy up tent replacement parts. Order them or pick them up in person and you’ll be set and ready to go well before the first guest arrives!