Our Top Recommendation
- REPLACEMENT CANOPY ONLY. CUSHION NOT INCLUDED. METAL STRUCTURE NOT INCLUDED.
- Swing Model Number 08-SON-GSW
- Replacement Canopy for the Sonoma Swing and Sydney Swing. Swing originally sold at Home Depot
Replacing the canopy on a 3 person swing is an easy and cost-effective way to update your outdoor space.
- Measure the frame of the swing to ensure you purchase the correct size canopy.
- Choose a canopy material that is durable and weather resistant.
- Attach the new canopy with bungee cords or rope for a secure fit.
With just a few simple steps, you can give your outdoor space a fresh look in no time!
Looking to replace that used and abused 3 person swing canopy?
Are you searching for the best 3 person swing canopy replacements for sale online?
Is your swing canopy in dire need of a replacement canopy?
Canopy swings are a great way to relax outside in the summer sun, aren’t they?
Nothing like a cold glass of lemonade, the summer breeze and a swing in the backyard.
Your kids may forget what the yard looks like when they get older, but they won’t forget what being on that swing was like.
If you have teenagers, it’s the best place to let them have a bit of privacy while still being able to keep an eye on them.
And let’s not forget the naps!
Kids and adults both love kicking back and swinging the day away under the shade of a nice canopy. A lot of times, these swings can turn into hammocks, and give you a chance to nap outside too.
But what happens when you go to get the canopy out of the garage for the summer and find it full of holes?
You’re probably pretty frustrated, that’s what! Unfortunately, these canopies tend to get holes, grow mold, and get stretched too thin to use, especially when they’ve been around for a while. If this happens to you, it’s time to get a new canopy for your patio swing.
So how do you know which replacement canopy for 2 seater swing options you should choose? Never fear—the Canopy Kingpin is here to give you his tips for picking the perfect swing replacement every time. Follow his directions and you’ll be swinging happy soon.
First, think about your budget. It’s not necessary to go way over your décor budget if you don’t want to, and there are plenty of swings available on the cheaper end of the scale so you don’t have to break the bank. Of course, if you’ve got more to spend, you can get an even better quality canopy replacement that might keep you from having to make this kind of purchase again in the near future.
Next, consider your color scheme. Most of the time, canopy swings come in pretty neutral colors, so it might not be too tough to match yours with a replacement. Sometimes, though, swings are available in vibrant reds, greens, or even prints, so you’ll have to be more choosy about which replacement canopy you go with.
Finally, pay attention to the model of swing you have. Different swings have different types of canopies, and replacements for one kind might not work for another. Some swings have model-specific replacements that can make finding your new canopy even easier. If you don’t know what model your swing is, look for a tag on the canopy or the seat cushions that might point you in the right direction.
If your swing doesn’t have a specific replacement canopy, you’ll have to do a little extra work to find the right choice. A lot of times, replacement canopies will list the brands and models they work with. Sometimes, though, you’ll need to break out the measuring tape and take the measurements of your canopy to find one that will fit.
Are you ready to find the right replacement canopy for your swing? Read on to check out the 8 best canopy replacements for three-person and two-person swings. You’re sure to find the right solution from these choices. Compare and contrast the pros and cons, and you’ll have a better canopy on your swing in no time.
Garden Winds Solid Beige Color Replacement Canopy
Go with this 3 or 2 seater garden swing replacement canopy when you’re looking for a nice, neutral color canopy with a little bit of design to bring some life into your back yard space. This canopy is a flat fabric style that is easy to attach to any comparable swing you might have.
Originally, this canopy was designed for use with the Garden Treasures swing. However, it works for a lot of other models, so measure yours to see if this easy to match canopy fits.
- Heavier than default canopies, which keeps rain and sun both away from the swing below.
- Easy to replace your old canopy with this one in just a few quick steps.
- Affordable cost that makes it easier to replace your canopy on a budget.
- Product may be oversized even for matching swings, which makes it blow around more than usual in the wind.
- Heavier fabric may make your swing top-heavy and more likely to tip over.
- May collect rain water in the center of the canopy.
Garden Winds Riplock Fabric Replacement Canopy
Originally designed to work with Garden Treasures brand swings, this canopy can be easily installed on just about any swing that matches the size. The fabric of this 3 or 2 seat swing canopy replacement is treated with UV protective coating and made to last, no matter how many seasons it stays outside.
When you put this canopy on your swing, you will enjoy all the benefits of a sturdy, thick cover that is sure to last you plenty of years to come. It comes in a neutral shade of beige that matches just about any color scheme you might have in your back yard space. Its elegantly scalloped trim will make your patio look even more beautiful.
- Easy to install in just a few simple steps, even without additional help.
- Sturdy fabric is designed to resist tearing, even in inclement weather.
- Thick fabric will keep you even cooler than the original canopy that came with your swing.
- Not available in any color other than plain beige with no design.
- Thicker fabric may cause more molding and mildew than other canopies.
- This canopy is much more expensive than other, comparable options on the market.
Palermo 3-Person Swing Replacement Canopy
Choose this 3 person swing canopy replacement when you’re looking for a beautiful, lightweight canopy to work with smaller frame swings. This canopy was originally meant for use with the Palermo brand swings, but it can easily fit just about any similar sized ones. It may not work well for hammock swings, however, because of its single piece design.
This canopy is sure to make your swing come to life once again, even if it’s looking a little ragged after years of use. Best of all, when you install this canopy, you’ll have even more years to look forward to. Even thought this replacement is on the cheaper end of the list, it’s one of the most durable options.
- Elegant scalloped fringe makes this canopy look pretty in just about any garden space.
- Solid beige canopy is made to match most swings in a neutral color.
- Thick fabric keeps the rain from reaching the cushions on the swing below, extending the life of your swing.
- Velcro closures may break and fall off with extended use, especially in bad weather.
- May be too large for some similarly-sized swings, making them tip over.
- Single piece design may make it harder to install this canopy replacement.
Garden Winds Replacement Canopy for Sonoma Swing
If you’ve got a specific type of swing made by the Sonoma company, you might be looking for a larger, more particular replacement canopy. This replacement canopy for 3 seater swing hammock is made to work with these unique Sonoma swings, and any others that might be a similar, awkward size.
Choose this canopy if you’re looking for a bigger replacement in a warm brown color. Be sure to measure your swing before choosing this canopy, since it’s built with a certain model in mind.
- Stylish, modern design looks incredible in your back yard.
- Since this canopy stretches taut over your swing, it will never collect rainwater, even in heavy downpours.
- Durable fabric is made to last for years to come, even with extended use.
- May be very hard to install, as it’s designed to stretch rather than hang loosely over your swing.
- Color may fade quickly when left out in the sun too long.
- This canopy cannot be removed for regular storage due to difficulty installing it.
Garden Winds Solid Gray Replacement Canopy
Are you looking for something a little bit cooler in color than the shades we’ve looked at so far? If so, go with this 3 seat swing canopy replacement to enjoy a cool gray canopy that matches blues, greens, whites, and plenty of other colors that might be tougher to find a partner for. This simple canopy features a classic design that works well with modern and traditional back yard décor.
Use this canopy if you’re looking to match a Garden Treasures swing or any other type of hammock swing that is around the same size. The canopy replacement is meant to hang loosely, so it has a little give if you’re looking for something just a few inches smaller or larger than this original canopy.
- Affordable canopy fits many standard swings and hammock-swing combos.
- Fabric is thick and durable, and will not rip or tear easily even in bad weather.
- Canopy can be easily installed in place of your old one in less than an hour in most cases.
- Since this canopy is made to have a little give, it may collect rainwater.
- The larger, scalloped design may make your canopy tip over easily.
- Since this canopy is a lighter color, it is more prone to staining and discoloration than some of the others on this list.
Gazebo Swing Replacement Canopy
Do you have a unique type of swing with a gazebo style canopy that you’re struggling to match? If so, this replacement canopy for 3 seater garden swing option may be just what you’re looking for! This canopy replacement is made to work with swings in a less traditional gazebo style, with a unique box-like frame and a pyramid point that’s much different from many of the other canopies on this list.
Choose this canopy replacement if your swing has a pointed shade, or if you’ve got a swing with a square frame. Be sure to take some measurements to get the perfect fit out of this canopy. It’s available in beige with a floral trim around the edges, and made to match the cushion fabric of the Fred Meyer Gazebo Swing.
- Pretty design looks great on any garden swing, and neutral colors match just about any cushions and surrounding décor you might have.
- Pyramid style canopy won’t let rain water collect in the fabric, giving it an even longer life.
- Color is treated and won’t fade in the sun, even with daily exposure.
- Hard to install, as it’s designed to stretch taut instead of hang loosely over your swing.
- This canopy doesn’t offer a lot of room for use with different models, as its sizing is very precise.
- Canopy can’t be removed for frequent storage, unlike many other models on this list.
Paradise Swing Replacement Canopy
This elegant replacement canopy for 2 seater garden swing works well with three-seater options as well to provide sturdy, durable shade for a variety of different swing sizes. It was originally designed for use with the Paradise Swing, but it can be used with many different swing frames in a similar size. It comes in a neutral beige shade to match the original fabric of the swing, as well as many others.
This canopy has a unique design that might not work with all swings. If your swing doesn’t have a center metal bar for mounting your shade, then it probably won’t be compatible. It also isn’t likely to work with most hammock convertible swings, since the top canopy piece is designed differently in these models.
- Simple shade is easy to install and even easier to position however you want it.
- Scalloped style fringe works well for classic and traditional back yard décor.
- Larger shade is designed to keep you comfortable even in the brightest part of the day.
- Oversized canopy can lead to top-heavy swings that tip over or blow over in the wind.
- Shade is likely to fade in the sun, particularly with extended use.
- Central metal bar attachment may become rusted when this canopy is left out in the rain.
Replacement Canopy for Mainstays 3-Person Swing
This 3 seater swing canopy replacement provides another specific replacement for anyone looking to match a particular type of fabric. It was originally designed for use with the Mainstays 3-Person Swing, which comes in a unique burgundy and beige striped print that can be tough to match. Of course, if you’ve got a swing in a similar size and a neutral color, you might want to use this printed fabric to add a little pop of style to your décor!
This canopy is not a traditional stretched style that hangs over the edges of your swing. Instead, it is a curved canopy that is meant for use with only certain types of swings. If your swing doesn’t already have a curved canopy, then this replacement won’t work for you.
- Curved design doesn’t collect rainwater, and keeps your swing from tipping over easily in the wind.
- Since this canopy is designed to work with the Mainstays swing, it will always match this hard to find print.
- Durable fabric is made to last, and won’t rip, tear, or fade in the sun.
- Canopy can’t be mounted to your swing without the metal piece that comes with the Mainstays swing. If your swing is not similar, it won’t work.
- This canopy may take longer to install than a lot of the others on this list.
- Expensive price costs around half the amount of the swing itself, making it a less desirable choice for many buyers.
So, as you can see, there are tons of great canopy replacements to make your three-seater swing look better than ever before. It can be tough trying to pick the right one, but if you narrow down your choices a little, you’ll have the perfect canopy in your back yard almost right away. Remember that there are plenty of 3 person canopy swing replacement cushions to pick from as well, and lots of canopies to match your cushions, too.
But all that aside, you’re probably asking yourself, “Which canopy does the Canopy Kingpin like the best?” He’s glad you’re wondering! There are a couple of perfect choices he can recommend from personal use.
For the best almost-universal choice for standard canopy swings, the Garden Winds Solid Gray Replacement Canopy is the way to go. This canopy is affordable, it’s stylish, and it comes in a color that works no matter what your décor might be. It’s easy to install and it’s built to last, so you really can’t go wrong with this one.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for something a little more unique, the Garden Winds Replacement Canopy for Sonoma Swings is the way to go. This canopy doesn’t work with every swing, and it might not be right for you. If your swing measurements match this one, though, it can be a really beautiful addition to your back yard.
Either way, and whichever canopy you go with, any of the ones on this list are sure to work great for you and your family’s back yard needs. Whether you’re in the market for a specific fabric match, or you’re looking for something more traditional, there’s something for you listed above. Pick your favorite and enjoy all the shade a fully functional canopy can provide!